Vivint home security and ADT home security also provide high-quality home protection systems that provide innovative features and provide wireless technology. Both have pre-designed customer plans to choose from and provide you with the option of customizing your own security system with devices such as cameras, sensors, controls.
|Monitoring Cost||Starting $24.99/month||$29.99/month|
|Plans/System||3 monitoring plans and 3 security system packages||2 monitoring plans and 4 security system packages|
|Contracts||Minimum 36-month contract required||No contract required if equipment purchased upfront; contracts start at 42 months|
|Guarantee||30 days||6 months|
ADT Home Security System
In the field of home security, ADT home security has a good reputation. They not only deliver an incredible host of features and standard equipment, but for over 140 years they have also been in the security business, so they have the expertise to back up their goods and services.
ADT home security has its key packages, but it also allows customers to build personalized systems for the program. In addition,they also offer a six-month guarantee.
There are three key packages they offer:
- Conventional high-decibel alarm, keypad, and entry sensors
- Control that covers everything from the traditional kit, plus text notifications
- Video that allows viewing and storing live video from triggered events
Although entry sensors, motion detectors, high-decibel alarms, backup batteries, and 24/7 monitoring are included with all ADT security systems, updated features are also available at higher plan tiers. You can access your home security device directly from your phone or tablet at the control level and get access to email and text updates. All of the above, plus access to video recordings from indoor and outdoor surveillance cameras, including live video streams, are provided by the Video Plan.
How much does ADT home security cost?
Plans start at about $36.99 per month with monitoring. Your overall ADT cost will depend on the particular choices you select for the equipment and plan. To provide free estimates, ADT home security provides in-home consultations. Contracts, which are typically for a minimum of 36 months, are required. In addition to its three core plans, ADT also provides home automation, video monitoring and life safety products and services, which include the addition of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, flood sensors and a panic button.
Vivint Home Security System
Although ADT has a long history in home security system, with its new technologies and proprietary equipment, Vivint is a strong contender.
There are four key packages they offer:
- Home security with sensors and touch-screen technology
- Smart management of the home with centralized controls
- Live video feeds and video storage surveillance.
- Comprehensive security and automation infrastructure via Smart Complete
With the features and equipment that best fit your home, you can also build a custom device. Their options include Vivint alarm for smoke and CO detectors, home security, cameras, and more.
How Much Does Vivint Home Security Cost?
Monitoring starts at $29.99 a month. Your overall cost will depend on your situation and on your choice of plan and equipment. They give free, no-obligation quotes where the equipment and plan that is right for you can fit you with them. You will be required to purchase the equipment upfront, which will cost you several hundred dollars if you do not want to deal with a long-term contract.
ADT and Vivint Monitoring Plan Comparison
For smart home and video surveillance alarm systems, both Vivint home security and ADT home security have some strong choices. While the cost per month of Vivint comes in a few dollars short of ADT’s, at a similar pace, the two systems have equivalent coverage.
Compare the two plans using the table below
|Wireless connection available||✅||✅|
|Landline connection available||✅||❌|
- How to Disable Your iPhone’s Location History Tracking
- iPhone Wi-Fi password sharing should be done safely and carefully. Here’s how!
- The Foldable iPhone: Price, Release Date, Rumors, Specs, and more
- What things you should consider when becoming an Authorized Dealer in 2021?
- JNA Dealer Program: Spectrum TV Choice Plan, Channels, and benefits for your clients and customers
- Different ways to Connect Your iPhone and iPad to Your TV